Hello. Another T5W post. Let’s get on with it.
Before I go on with my list I have to preface it by explaining my relationship with SCI FI and FANTASY books. I come from a family of readers. My mother reads everything, my father is a huge fan of science fiction and spy novels and my brother is a huge fan of epic fantasy – so I borrowed books from both my father and brother. I spent my entire collage years reading fantasy and sci-fi. It was difficult to narrow the list to five.
- The Martian by Andy Weir. This amazing book is so good. It is about a stranded astronaut on Mars and how he uses his knowledge to survive the harsh environment. There is science, humor and a movie with Matt Damon.
- The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies. I’ve read the LOTR books in high school as the movies were coming out and I prefer the movies because they were visually so impressive. With the Hobbit I like both the book and the movies. Richard Armitage and Martin Freeman did such an amazing job with their roles that they make up for the stupidity of the elf/dwarf love bullshit I have to suffer through every time I watch the Hobbit movies.
- Harry Potter series. What is there to say that hasn’t been said already? Great books. People should read them.
- Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. This is a book series I got into because of BookTube and I don’t regret it. I like the earlier books better before the main character decided to win back her kingdom. Anyway, awesome female lead, there is magic, evil people, witches, princes, Mave…
- The Hyperion Omnibus by Dan Simmons. I think an ex-boyfriend got me my first Dan Simmons book and I’ve been reading his books ever since. I love the Hyperion and Endymion duologies. Fucking science with space battles. And mythical creatures. Awesome!!!
And that is it for my list. If you are interested in the books on my list, check them out on Goodreads or in your local libraries. If you want leave a comment. Bye.