I want to introduce myself through this tag so here it is: 25 bookish things about me
- This first book I read was The Amazing Adventures of Apprentice Hlapic by Ivana Brlić Mažuranić. It is a tradition in our house. When you learn how to read the first book you read is about apprentice Hlapić.
- I read the Lord of the Rings trilogy after I saw the film. I started reading the first book but couldn’t really get into it. Then the first movie came out and I gave it another try. Read all three of them. It was easier when I could visualize it, the characters (even though Aragorn and Boromir are different in the book than the movie) and the landscapes.
- My master’s disertation was on Bilbo Baggins and The Hobbit.
- I fucking hated The Notebook by Nicholas Spark.
- Started actively reading science fiction and fantasy during high school and university.
- They are still my two favourite book genres.
- I enjoy horror short stories. My favourites are short book collections by Stephen King and Joe Hill. Full size novels are a bit terrifying.
- Almost died of fright when my mobile started vibrating while I was reading The Tommyknockers by Stephen King.
- I imagined my self a cook and bought several cookbooks that are now collecting dust on my bookshelf.
- I read a lot of fanfiction. Which led me to expect smut in every book I read.
- I sometimes don’t read what a book is about before I read it. I think I have a general idea but then the book turns out to be abour something totally different. It’s happened with the book I’m reading now, The Nemessis by Anne Banks but mosts famously with Lea Michele‘s book Brunette Ambition which I thougt was about her life and work on Glee and Broadway. Turns out it was a freaking lifestyle book.
- I was really into audiobooks during university.
- I listened to a lot of the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. I stopped when Sookie got her fairy family together.
- And I’ve listen to every Harry Dressden book by Jim Butcher that was read by James Marsters. Because he is amazing in it!!! AMAZING!! Jim Butcher is resposible for my love of Urban Fantasy.
- When they changed it for Ghost Story I bought the book. That was the first and last Harry Dresden book I’ve bought.
- Also I never laughed so hard as when I was listening to Craig Ferguson’s book American on Purpose. There were tears.
- I first saw season 1 of Game of Thrones before I read all the books. I begged a friend who read it before the TV show came on to tell me what happened to Ned Stark. Bad move.
- I am a huge fan of Supernatural the TV show. So when I found out there were books I was so excited. I read three of them. They were bad.
- I got Anne Rice‘s the Vampire Chronicles when I was around 15/ 16 years old. I was too young to read them. They were mature themes, written in a different language and a bit too complicated for me. But I remember I was forcing my self t read them. There were four books in the boxset. I read three.
- The only recquired school book that I haven’t read is Cather in the Rye by J.D. Sallinger. I still haven’t read it.
- There are a couple of books I remember from high school that I still think about now and again. Crime and Punishment by Dostojevski which I really liked, and Anna Karenina by Tolstoj which I didn’t like and skipped the last 80 pages of. I liked the movie better. The one with Sean Bean.
- One of my favourite books is The Martian by Andy Weir.
- I’ve only recently discovered booktube. Like 3-4 months ago.
- I am a huge fan of the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews.
- I like the Harry Potter series.